Thursday, December 2, 2004

The battle may yet rage....

...Yay though I walk in the valley of the shadow of "The Meeting," I will fear hopefully nothing?

I go into a potential ambush in about 1 hour.

I hope I don't give up.

I keep hearing the words of a favorite author in one of his battle scenes.

There was a horrific battle with large enemies. The battle chief overseeing the protagonist kept advising him through out the battle, "Do not trade blows with this enemy. You must strike first, strike hard, and kill them straightway. Do not trade blows with them."



It makes me think of spiritual battles.

"Do not trade blows with the enemy."

Know what you know.

Know why you know it.

Use that knowledge as both sword and/or shield.



"Do not trade blows with them."













No comments:

Post a Comment